Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mom's quirks

Hi everybody! It's mom! I know you all think that it has been dad and I blogging when in fact we are illiterate people when it comes to these things!! Chloe and Camille have actually been the ones getting the pictures and comments up and running. Had I known I would be included in the pictures I would have vetoed them! Seriously, I had to get up the next morning after seeing me in all my glory and get back on the treadmill. Nothing like knowing the whole world has seen my "greatness"!!!
Enough about me!! I am so happy to read about and see all of our family and friends!! It really is such a fun way to keep in touch! I don't know if I will be able to keep up as this is all new to me, but I'm gonna give it a try! We are always so thriilled to see our sweet little grand children and their parents!!!! It's just a bonus to click on and read everyones comments. Thanks for getting us going. Oh greattttttt!!! Camille just told me this is the place that I'm supposed to share 6 of my deepest, darkest secrets. Something about being tagged!! I think all of you kids know pretty much everything there is to know about me, but in case you have forgotten..........
1. In the sixth grade I beat Raymond Bame in the 50 yard dash because there was a fudgesicle at the end for the winner. Enough said!
2. I grew up having a wonderful childhood in a big family. My mother and dad are my heroes!
3. I thought store-bought bread was a treat----can you imagine??
4. I have secretly wondered if I could still play the tuba if the opportunity presented itself!! (Har, har!!)
5. During my "walks" I've become interested in birds. We had two baby owls in the cottonwood trees last year. I have been mercilessly teased about my "wildlife experiences".
6. If you think being a mom is good, being a grandma is the icing on the cake! P.S. (Thanks for all of you good little mothers out there taking care of our grandchildren!)

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Aunt Cindy, I'm glad to see you've joined the world of blogging. It's so much fun! Now you'll have to try to convince my parents to get one started (now that'll be the day!!) I loved reading your 6 things. My mom used to think store bread was a treat too!

krista said...

Oh mom, you're the best! I just loved reading about you:) I think I laughed out loud when I read about the bird watching because all I could think of was coming over to the house when we lived there, and Chloe and Camille would be like, "Mom is out in the backyard again watching the owls!" ps I think we need to find a tuba!!!

Ashley Wray said...

Yay Cindy! I'm so proud of you for blogging! Really, will you talk my mom into starting one? I think we need to find a tuba so you can give it a whirl! I think that would take the cake at the next ward auction/funsraiser, a personal tuba solo from Cindy Bennion!

Matt and Adge said...

hi bennions! it's so fun that you guys have a blog! i loved reading about you, cindy...so many things i didn't know :). Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun.