Sunday, December 9, 2007

All about Dad

The kids tell me I have been 'Tagged" so I have to write 6 things about me that everyone doesn't know.  That is going to be difficult because I am an open book. But here it goes:

1.  I don't always eat a plain bagel and grapefruit juice for breakfast.  Sometimes I eat a wheat bagel, and I even mix it up with orange juice.

2.  I think I must have peaked in social status in junior high.  The kids found some year book for Cowley junior high and they told me I was teachers pet, best dancer, and Mr. Cowley Jr high.  Mighty impressive.

3.  John and I made the big time last year when we were on the cover of Orthodontic Products Magazine.

4.  I finally fulfilled my 8th grade graduation wish which was "I want to get more husky" 

5.  In the eighties I was the king of using the curling iron to make the big, I mean really big, bangs.

6.  I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane, and I also went bun-gee jumping.  

Thanks Jake for giving me the honor of telling 6 really stupid things about myself.  I pass this on to Chase P.  ( I hear you never finished yours) Kara McCaleb, and Jason McCaleb.

6 comments:

Kenna said...

Best Dancer huh? Well Dad I expect a performance at the next Bennion Family Talent Show:) That was fun to read Dad, good job!

krista said...

Way to go dad:) I really didn't know that you switched it up so much by doing wheat bagels with o.j. you're really getting crazy! I remember before you were any good at doing 80's bangs, and whenever mom was gone and I would go to school everyone would ask if I did my own hair or if my mom was sick...but I must say you did master those bangs! I really don't think you are very husky dad, those bagels and juice keep ya pretty thin:)!!!

Ashley Wray said...

Good job Doug! I'm really impressed with the Bennion family of bloggers! I didn't know that you were/are a dancer or on a cover of a magazine! Fun to read about your little quirks!

Bethany said...

That was so fun to read! I remember Kenna's beautiful bangs. I always assumed they were Cindy's creation. You're so much like my dad...he has the same thing for breakfast everyday! Only he never changes it up. It's always oatmeal.

Bob said...

It's been fun looking at your blog...I clicked on it from Ashley's blog and voila, I see something about Doug dancing and being Mr. Junior High. You left out the detail of how many people were in your junior high class, though. Mom had 2 in her high school graduating class at Cowley High, so if it was only two I won't be as impressed. :)

-Bobby Andros

karajason said...

That was really funny dad. You forgot to tell everyone you were doing big bangs even after big bangs were out. Well I didn't know we had been tagged. I guess we will have to work on that!